Is this a Belgian?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 3LilBirds, Feb 27, 2012.

1. 3LilBirds

3LilBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi everyone. I'm new to raising chicks and I am totally enjoying every second of it. I went Saturday intending on just buying 1 Silkie. Well I left with 3 chicks, a Silkie, Frizzle and the 3rd I think but not a 100% sure a Belgian. I can't remember what the guy said. I was just too excited at the moment. I had been wanting Chickens for years! He showed me one that was about a month old and I can't seem to find a similar picture online to figure out what it is. So I want to see what you all think? I named this one Cinnamon. I have no idea of it's sex either.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And here is all 3 of my little chicks enjoying their food. Left to right, Mumble, Nugget and Cinnamon.
    [​IMG]

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Aww! That's too cute, it looks just like a D'Uccle bantam chick, post pics in a couple weeks for its gender ;)

3. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Does it have feathers on it's legs?

4. 3LilBirds

Yes, Cinnamon has feathers on his/her legs and feet and this morning I noticed they are changing. It's not just baby fluff anymore. Sorry don't know the correct word for it. lol

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    it could be a number of breeds such as d'uccle, brahma, or cochin...wont know for sure until its fully feathered and a bit bigger but if its a d'uccle you should know its gender by 3 weeks of age

6. 3LilBirds

Thank you. The reason I selected this one or should say the guy suggested it is because it doesn't get very big. I just noticed it's getting a little comb. :)

7. EmmaRose

EmmaRose New Egg

Oct 5, 2012
    It looks like a girl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by