Is this a blood ring?

Pompona

Chirping
Apr 30, 2023
Spain
Hi,
I am incubating some duck eggs after a fox killed my whole flock of khaki campbells. There is one egg that I suspect is not viable, it seems to already have a blood ring. I am attaching pictures, the first is the one with the blood ring, the second one is another egg where I can see the embryo and veins. Both are at 5 days.
What do you think? Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20240125_095448.jpg
    20240125_095448.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240125_095538.jpg
    20240125_095538.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 18
Keep it for a little longer and see if it is growing. I believe it may mean it has died sadly but please keep track of growth and if there is no progress it will have to be chucked

Keep it for a little longer and see if it is growing. I believe it may mean it has died sadly but please keep track of growth and if there is no progress it will have to be chucked
Thanks for replying, BobStuart. I will do that, I'll give it a few days to see what happens. But I am almost sure its dead.

Hi,
I am incubating some duck eggs after a fox killed my whole flock of khaki campbells. There is one egg that I suspect is not viable, it seems to already have a blood ring. I am attaching pictures, the first is the one with the blood ring, the second one is another egg where I can see the embryo and veins. Both are at 5 days.
What do you think? Thanks!!
To me it looks like it’s starting
Maybe a day behind the other
Sometimes you get some start faster then others
Maybe laid later or a duvk slightly warmed it fit a few hours ect
That doesn’t look like a blood ring to me

Blood ring usually goes around the egg. I've had some that look like this hatch just fine. Give it a day or two before you make a final decision.

Back
Top Bottom