Is this a broody hen?????

RooptyDoo

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Illinois
Ok I have a white silkie who has been in the nest box since yesterday afternoon. She was in there all night and all day today but, I went out to check on her today and she was in a different nest box (right next to the one that she was in). So I just left her. All that was under her was a golf ball. When I went back out to check one her she was back in the nest box that she started out in. She is still in there now. I have stuck my hand in there and lifted her up to see if there is any eggs under her and she doesnt peck me or anything. She doesnt even fluff up or get mad. Does she sound broody to you guys??

Yep. I had a broody who was so nice about it and I had one that was just mean! Good luck with your little broody.
smile.png

Yep, my white silkie is a broody princess... I pet her constantly and pick her up and she does nothing but make a purring sound. She's actually on eggs though.

Yeah, they seem to run back and forth in nesting boxes trying to find something to set on. Once you give them something, they are content to stay put unless another hen kicks them off.

Shes either broody or confused !!! Silly hen. Wonder what her "golf ball" chick will look like ??

Back
Top Bottom