Is this a buff Orpington?

Quote:
"Community Supported Agriculture." It's usually an arrangement where you pay a subscription fee ahead of time, and then you get a selection of fresh, locally-grown/raised food from farmers once a week or so. Ours is once a month, but it goes on all year, and includes things like milk, eggs, cheese, and nuts as well as just fruits & vegetables.

Our CSA baskets are $60, and we have to pay at least 3 months in advance. I was able to get a week's worth of meals, plus extras, from the last one, and support small independent local farmers, to boot.

To find CSA programs in your area, try www.localharvest.org.

Quote:
Thank you,debiraymond, no offense was meant
smile.png
It's hard to imagine people are still on dialup, but believe me, they're out there! Particularly in rural areas that don't have access to high-speed anything yet!

Reinbeau, was my pic too big to? I really don't know too much about how to post pics here, so, if you info let me know. The upload thingy says something by something but I have no clue what that means. And TOTALLY no offense was taken.

No, your photo was fine. I would imagine the upload control tells you it's going to resize the photo, I'm not sure, as I don't use it.

Those of you who are posting from an image hosting site usually have several different URL's you can use to post, one is the full sized file, the others are optimized to smaller and smaller sizes. Those that are hosting their own photos (I do this) can use a freeware program called Irfanview to resize them. It's a simple program to use, if anyone needs any help with it I'll be happy to oblige
smile.png

REinbeau - the rural areas is what I was thinking of. We actually live in the rural area of a large community and dsl and wireless weren't available until recently. Hard to believe in this day and age, but there are some of us still out in the sticks :) BTW, how old do you think my BO is. She is laying yet and we just bought her 2 weeks ago....

Quote:
I really can't tell, she looks like mine, and mind are huge at 13 weeks - still five or seven weeks away from eggs, I've heard.

My two BO hens are very different. Queenie is the big one (she's the biggest hen I have, no one messes with her!) and she's stand-offish, Abby is my friendliest, she's always climbing up on me. The third BO is the rooster (unfortunately), Stumpy, so named because they kept pulling his tailfeathers out, so his tail isn't what it should be.

Quote:
No, actually, I've got a cable modem and they opened slowly for me. I also know there are plenty of BYCers who are still on dialup - so the courteous thing to do is resize your photos so they don't take so long to download. The BYC forum software resizes the picture but it still has to draw down the large file to do the resizing, it all takes time.

I have cable modem & I hadn't had any problems with them loading slow. I don't think the average person is trying to be rude or discourteous but probably just don't realize. I know it's SO easy to just "forget" & it isn't until I'm back at our weekend house (where I'm on a laptop with dialup) that I remember "multi-tasking" because it takes so long to download *anything*. Anywthing DOES take a month of Sundays when you're on a Dialup. That all said I think for many it just doesn't strike them that a picture even has a "size". I know I do a lot with pictures on the computer and even for me I have had occassion that I've had to go bak & resize because it's SO big. It isn't a matter of being "courteous" or "rude" but just a not realizing or lacking the knowledge there. And again it doesn't matter how small a pic is on dial-up any size pic is slow.

Last edited:
Quote:
"Community Supported Agriculture." It's usually an arrangement where you pay a subscription fee ahead of time, and then you get a selection of fresh, locally-grown/raised food from farmers once a week or so. Ours is once a month, but it goes on all year, and includes things like milk, eggs, cheese, and nuts as well as just fruits & vegetables.

Our CSA baskets are $60, and we have to pay at least 3 months in advance. I was able to get a week's worth of meals, plus extras, from the last one, and support small independent local farmers, to boot.

To find CSA programs in your area, try www.localharvest.org.

Hey ninjapoodles thanks for the info! What a great web site & source!

2CoolMom :) I think the only one that thought someone was rude was John. HAHAHA! Reinbeau and I were comiserating, not arguing. I LOVE MY BO's I want my pullet to lay though. I think she is only about 4 months old. GRRR.

I will throw in the idea that it might be a Buff Rock... They have yellow legs, and Orps have pink-white legs. The picture looks like it's at sunrise or sunset, so it's hard to tell the color.

Quote:
Well I'm not so sure, but as long as everyone's ok I won't sir the pot.
smile.png
And I think the Buff Orpingtons I have here are just SO sweet & some of them just comical! I had gone out to get pics before (going to try to post them in a minute) & they RUN over to me. They like giving the camera lens a GOOD peck & that string hanging from it well it's BEGGING to be gotten too.... LOL Mine are just 4 weeks old still & so I'm still bringing themin at night here & thenout in the day & yesterday I was in there with the camera & one decided she' was going to perch ON my arm... LOL I have a Bard Rock Roo here and a Black Austrolorp & they're both darling but they don't normally look to touch me never mind perch on me. LOL

You know I imagine waiting for a hen to start laying is like watching a pot boil.... As soon as you stop "looking for it" that's when it'll start.
wink.png

The BO we have outside is about 4 mos, but we have 4 BO chicks that are 2 weeks old. Starting to lose and gain eathers. they still freak WHEN i STICK MY HAND IN THE BROODER, BUT THEY ARE FINE ONCE they are on me. Sorry for the caps.

Back
Top Bottom