Is this a bumble?/hard to remove bumble

violetgriffith

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2020
Hello,
We noticed one of our hens limping a few days ago and when we picked her up, it was bumblefoot. We had dealt with bumblefoot a few days earlier with another hen so we knew what to do and brought her inside. After a 20 minute epsom salt soak, we got her into 'bumble removal position' and saw that there was not only a bumble on the pad of her foot, but a suspicious looking something on her toe. We removed the pad bumble and I attempted to pick at the toe one with the tweezers but it was really stuck in there. I'm not sure if it actually is a bumble, but if it is we are planning to remove it tomorrow. However my family thinks we should just leave it be because we're leaving a week from tomorrow for a little while and don't want it to get 'bad' while we're gone. Should we remove it, and any tips for toe ones?
Sorry for the length, here's a photo of her foot. The gauze is to stop the first one from bleeding.
Thanks!!
IMG_4968.jpeg

Hello,
We noticed one of our hens limping a few days ago and when we picked her up, it was bumblefoot. We had dealt with bumblefoot a few days earlier with another hen so we knew what to do and brought her inside. After a 20 minute epsom salt soak, we got her into 'bumble removal position' and saw that there was not only a bumble on the pad of her foot, but a suspicious looking something on her toe. We removed the pad bumble and I attempted to pick at the toe one with the tweezers but it was really stuck in there. I'm not sure if it actually is a bumble, but if it is we are planning to remove it tomorrow. However my family thinks we should just leave it be because we're leaving a week from tomorrow for a little while and don't want it to get 'bad' while we're gone. Should we remove it, and any tips for toe ones?
Sorry for the length, here's a photo of her foot. The gauze is to stop the first one from bleeding.
Thanks!!
View attachment 2774696
No not looks like Bumblefoot but looks like an Injury or paw burn which caused by ammonia get some Colloidal Silver and apply it ointment or gel it will heal fast

No not looks like Bumblefoot but looks like an Injury or paw burn which caused by ammonia get some Colloidal Silver and apply it ointment or gel it will heal fast
Thank you so much! That is a relief, we have removed 3 bumbles in the last 2 weeks.

Thank you so much! That is a relief, we have removed 3 bumbles in the last 2 weeks.
Oh my I know my rooster had a chronic Bumblefoot but Silver heal it fantastically and remove all the swelling and shrunken the scab size too .
I use a pure 40ppm Silver Collodial Spray once washing the foot .
Then I apply Silver 30ppm gel base ointment and wrap the foot .

I share the pics maybe u find something similar in your country .

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 11
  • images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom