Paslittleangel1990

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2024
This sweet babies leg is growing crooked, he's a blue Swedish, I've had it for about a week and it seemed to be standing fine and walking fine when i got him, he's been super hard to catch as he's still very mobile. he's fiesty so assessing has been hard but I noticed today he has a tumor like growth on the leg. He's eating drinking and I supplement his food and water with vitamins and brewers yeast. Could his bone have a deformity or is this possibly a slipped tendon?? I've had a baby with slipped tendon before but it never looked like this little ones and when I try to stretch his leg that part does not go strait at all and his foot does open but he walks and hops around on the side of his ankle. Any advice welcome.
1000005994.jpg

I can not straiten the leg enough to put a boot on it I have these that i have used successfully in the past but this little guys leg seems to have a full curve to it not really 100% sure it is a tendon slip. Vet can not see it till Monday. Its moving around just fine and still a happy healthy lil bugger just has this leg thing going on
1000005996.jpg

When my little Call Duck was lame a couple of weeks ago, I gave it extra niacin in the form of Rooster Booster was the name brand and it was Poultry Booster with lots of niacin for their legs and extra vitamins. Then I used tape and put it on a table, made the foot go flat and put tape underneath it and then on top of it to make it stay that way. By morning it was just fine and I was absolutely shocked. You were supposed to use masking tape but I didn't have any and was afraid the tape I used was going to be too hard to get off but by morning it figured out how to get it off and I never did find any of it yet to this day. I know it didn't eat it as it was too big to eat. I got the Rooster Booster from our local TSC Good luck with your little one.

When my little Call Duck was lame a couple of weeks ago, I gave it extra niacin in the form of Rooster Booster was the name brand and it was Poultry Booster with lots of niacin for their legs and extra vitamins. Then I used tape and put it on a table, made the foot go flat and put tape underneath it and then on top of it to make it stay that way. By morning it was just fine and I was absolutely shocked. You were supposed to use masking tape but I didn't have any and was afraid the tape I used was going to be too hard to get off but by morning it figured out how to get it off and I never did find any of it yet to this day. I know it didn't eat it as it was too big to eat. I got the Rooster Booster from our local TSC Good luck with your little one.
It's Rooster Booster "poultry Cell"

Def get a bunch of Niacin into him in case it's curled toe instead of slipped tendon. Whatever he doesn't use, he will excrete, so you can't overdose him. You can use human B50 complex or B100 complex vitamins crushed up and put in water or food if needed.
1000005997.jpg

This is what I use for all of my birds to give them extra boost, but will be adding to food and water for this lil guy to make sure he gets extra nutrients as well as some more vitamins

Back
Top Bottom