I have put a card board boot on he still wants to walk on his ankle not the foot but maybe with a full day of splitting that leg will come back into it going to try everything I can to help him.
I was thinking if the foot can be laid out even if for now he isn't walking on it at least it will keep the foot in the normal position not curled . And yes Using Poultry cell has come highly recommended on here for struggling ducklings with leg issues. Please keep us updated.
and :welcome

I was thinking if the foot can be laid out even if for now he isn't walking on it at least it will keep the foot in the normal position not curled . And yes Using Poultry cell has come highly recommended on here for struggling ducklings with leg issues. Please keep us updated.
and :welcome
Thank you, I will keep updated I picked this lil duckling out myself so when I discovered his leg this morning I was very disheartened to see it. I have had 2 others that had injured there leg as adult birds but never had this happen in one of my babies. Will keep updating as he gets better.

I've been so worries about this duckling that I was looking at both his feet today and the curled one now has his flipper open but a curled leg and today I discovered he has this extra little toe. His leg is most likely a deformity as the bone in his leg is a u shape, that has a extra growth off it as well, vet stated that if it doesnt start to straiten out with the rooster booster and the taping of foot there might not be much they can do as this might be a genetic issue. Will find out monday.
1000006012.jpg
1000006011.jpg
1000006006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom