1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this a Golden hen?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Enjaytoo, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Enjaytoo

Enjaytoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2009
    Tempe
    Good morning all....saw an ad on a classified ad this morning, and although I dont "need" another pair of Amhersts...well, you know [​IMG] I dont want to post someone elses pictures, but can I post the link for the ad to see what anyone thinks of the hen? I say its a Golden hen (with an Amherst male) but wanted opinions...

2. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    Link?

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    That's what it looks like .
    In N.H.,Tony.

4. Enjaytoo

Sep 8, 2009
    Tempe
    Yikes, thats what I thought. I may have to get them just to separate them.

5. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    That is an awful steep price.And what is a faraon?
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. Enjaytoo

Sep 8, 2009
    Tempe
    I know, pretty pricey for a mismatched "set". My thoughts are next year, someone selling "rare" eggs..... [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  7. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    Quote:Probably the name they were purchased under!!! I've seen listings for "Amazon Pheasants", "Goldhersts", "Rainbow", etc. All for Goldens or Amherst (or a combo of the two). Check out eBay during the spring, they come out of the wood work selling these "rare" bird eggs. Pretty sad.

Dan

8. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    this past weekend I was at an auction and though I had seen amherst golden hybrids there times before it was the first time I saw anyone try to name them. They were calling them goldhersts and had in parentheses "amazons". I agree, pretty sad when you think about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by