Is this a good buy???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pamperedpoultry, Nov 7, 2009.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I think I have seen better prices than that.

3. pamperedpoultry

most of the places i've looked its about $120-$150 without the turner

4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    hold on let me check my source I could be wrong....

your right the one I was thinking of was not the genisis but the LG with fan. sorry. The cheapest I can find a turner is $39 plus shipping.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Are you asking if $17 is good for shipping or is the incubator and turner $17? If so, but it doesn't appear so in your link, that's the deal of the century!

6. pamperedpoultry

Quote:shipping will be around $17, I was asking if $155 was a good deal for the incubator and turner?? not sure why the link is not working

7. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    When I ordered mine, they were the cheapest I could find and I shopped around quite a bit. They also shipped it out the same day I ordered it and I got it the next day!! Of course, I live in the same state and called first thing in the morning, but still, it was awesome! Great customer service too!

8. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    I dont know much about the price of a bator, but you can get a broody type hen for around $5.00 or $6.00 and can set 12 to 15 eggs under one, also cuts out the power bill that the bator and the brooder uses,

9. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Yeah but you cant plug that broody in to be ready for the dozen that you HAD TO HAVE because the price was right, this way you can get eggs whenever you want, but keep broodies around just because its fun. [​IMG]

10. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    PP this is an awesome buy! I have that same incubator and I swear by it! I have two LG's and I HATE HATE HATE them. My Hovabator is great. I say grab it!

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by