IS this a good deal?

Am I missing where it says the dimensions? ANyway, what I would do, is take rocks from outside and lay them down to the same dimensions as the coop and see if it is going to be big enough

3 questions, what size is the coop itself, what size wire is the enclosure covered in (if 1 inch or larger weasels could get in so you'd need to recover it with hardware cloth) and does the wire continue underneath so keep predators from digging in? my first coop without an attached enclosure was 5x7 and it was about that price from an amish builder.

They all look very well made, so that's good. But as others have said, the dimensions of the shelter and run would be needed before saying whether it's a good deal or not. Are you still searching for something appropriate for a few silkies?

I agree I would want to know how big they are.

Things to consider:

If you think you want only 10 chickens buy a coop for double or triple that amount cuz sure as God made little green apples you'll want more.
lol.png

Look for ease in cleaning. No matter how pretty it looks new it will need to be cleaned and you don't want a back breaker.
he.gif

If you get a "tractor" does your land or terrain allow for ease of movement. Mine does not even though I'd like one. No way could I move it.
rant.gif

Compare these prices to Home Depot and see what you can do.
hu.gif

When you consider the material and Labor yeah I'd say they are worth it.
wink.png

I built a "hoop coop" and while they are easy to do the cost is mounting to over $300. It would probably have been better to just spend the money and buy one of these and be done with it. Though I will say your going to want a bigger run but these should do on bad weather days.
barnie.gif

I wish you the best,

Rancher

Quote:
jumpy.gif
definitely GO Bigger! I am already looking for a second coop and I even converted an unused duck house into a coop! (guess that means I am looking for a 3rd coop)!

You can tell by the pic's all but 2 of them are the small type itty bitty sizes that can only handle a few at best LF birds and a few more Banty's. I think the prices seem fair with delivery on any of the sizes.

Back
Top Bottom