Is this a hen?

I agree, she looks like a brown leghorn, not an easter egger. I'd be surprised if you got anything but white eggs from this girl.

Some Easter Eggers look like Ameraucanas, but not all of them do. If this one had some Legbar ancestors, she might lay blue or green eggs while looking like a Brown Leghorn.

I guess we will have to check back in a few months, after she starts to lay, to learn what she really is!

Some Easter Eggers look like Ameraucanas, but not all of them do. If this one had some Legbar ancestors, she might lay blue or green eggs while looking like a Brown Leghorn.

I guess we will have to check back in a few months, after she starts to lay, to learn what she really is!
Oh sure... EE can look like anything at all, but this chicken looks so much like a brown leghorn I'd be surprised if she wasn't.

Thanks interesting, all of my Easter eggers were ordered from a hatchery but they all look very different.

Could this little lady be sunburned? Not trying to be funny but she turned red in the face overnight.
At 12 weeks, I'm pretty sure that's a pullet.
Males would normally have a much redder comb by that age.

Oh sure... EE can look like anything at all, but this chicken looks so much li
Thanks interesting, all of my Easter eggers were ordered from a hatchery but they all look very different.
Easter eggers are a cross, so they can literally look like anything, have any comb type, any skin color... All because of the cross. The one you asked about looks so much like a white leghorn, that's what I think she is, but @NatJ is right in reminding me that she still could lay green eggs.

BUT, the hatchery could have also ran out of EE for your order and substituted something else. That happens all the time.

Back
Top Bottom