Is this a lavendar orpington?

Toretto

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2023
I hatched her out of eggs from a flock that has lavendar orpingtons with a black roo to avoid the shredder gene. This girls comb & wattles don't look as bright red as pics I've seen online tho.

Attachments

• Lavendar Orpington-20231119_190533.png
    Lavendar Orpington-20231119_190533.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 51
Yes she’s lavender! I’m guessing she’s a little young judging by comb. This is my nosey girl, she’s got lots of shredding yours looks nice!

Attachments

• IMG_0967.jpeg
    IMG_0967.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 23
Yes she’s lavender! I’m guessing she’s a little young judging by comb. This is my nosey girl, she’s got lots of shredding yours looks nice!
Thank you. Yes she was hatched out this February. I have 4 pullets & 1 cockerel. I was a bit confused because the cockerel has bright red compared to the girls. If I breed him to them then the offspring will more then likely have the shredder gene?

Thank you. Yes she was hatched out this February. I have 4 pullets & 1 cockerel. I was a bit confused because the cockerel has bright red compared to the girls. If I breed him to them then the offspring will more then likely have the shredder gene?
I’m surprised, she’s older than mine, mine was hatched in April, is she laying eggs?

As for the shredding gene, there might be someone with more knowledge on the topic than myself.

@NatJ @fluffycrow hope you don’t mind a tag for the gene question.

As for the shredding gene, there might be someone with more knowledge on the topic than myself.

@NatJ @fluffycrow hope you don’t mind a tag for the gene question.
Unfortunately, I don't really know about the shredding gene.

What has already been said in this thread sounds like what I have read from other sources, but I don't really know anything beyond that.

I hatched her out of eggs from a flock that has lavendar orpingtons with a black roo to avoid the shredder gene. This girls comb & wattles don't look as bright red as pics I've seen online tho.
Head and comb doesn't resemble Orpington. Lovely lavender though

Back
Top Bottom