Is this a normal first egg?

Thank you! What would you say is an ideal protein level?
I like 18-20% but yours is pretty good. If you like that food, keep feeding it. Just add the oyster shell on the side. A lot of people(me included) feed an all flock feed. All flock food is meant for a flock of mixed age chickens or mixed species. I have just five laying hens, no other birds and I still feed it. Higher protein but lower calcium so we have to do the oyster shell on the side

I like 18-20% but yours is pretty good. If you like that food, keep feeding it. Just add the oyster shell on the side. A lot of people(me included) feed an all flock feed. All flock food is meant for a flock of mixed age chickens or mixed species. I have just five laying hens, no other birds and I still feed it. Higher protein but lower calcium so we have to do the oyster shell on the side
Thank you for the information. That’s actually very helpful considering I’ll be adding some younger ones in a couple of weeks. I’ll look for that feed next time. Thanks again! You guys have been incredibly helpful and full of useful information.

Thank you for the information. That’s actually very helpful considering I’ll be adding some younger ones in a couple of weeks. I’ll look for that feed next time. Thanks again! You guys have been incredibly helpful and full of useful information.
Glad to help! Don't be afraid to ask any other questions. This site is full of friendly, helpful people

Back
Top Bottom