Is this a pea comb?

cleopatra

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2012
South Texas
Can anyone tell me what type of comb this is? She is about 14 -16 weeks old and not laying yet. Thanks!

What about this one? She is almost 20 weeks old and not laying yet. This picture isn't really clear but her comb is in a fairly straight line with bumps instead of points.

Thank you all!

Yes, and they are both easter egger pullets. Mine typically started laying anywhere between 20-26 weeks when we had them. Your girls combs are still a bit pale. They will get brighter red when they are going to lay.

Thanks! I'm a new chicken owner (about 5 weeks now). I'm really enjoying it. There's a lot to learn about them, but this website really helps. I can't wait to see what color eggs I get from these two!

That's so funny you should say that. I was just thinking this morning of how to convince my husband that we should get a couple more. He built me a very nice coop with plenty of room. We have three all together - these two and a red sex link. Maybe I'll do some convincing this weekend.
hugs.gif

Success! I got 2 new pullets this weekend - a buff ameraucana and a golden campine. I haven't gotten the chance to get to know them yet, but they seem sweet. My older girls, a 5 month old ameraucana and 2 4 month old sex links are chasing them around the coop quite a bit. They get in a good peck every now and then. I've put small water dishes in the corners of the coop since this is where they spend the majority of their time and also little mounds of pellets here and there. The campine has made her way over to the main feeder a couple times, but not for very long. The new ameraucana hasn't tried yet that I can see. Does anyone know how long it will take for everyone to calm down and get along? Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I would've known how tramatic it was going to be for everyone, I'm not sure I would have added to the flock.

Back
Top Bottom