Is this a problem?

TheTwoRoos

Crowing
Sep 25, 2015
I own one rabbit.She is a (mini) Dutch who is six months old.She isn't spayed and that is a problem.

I take her to my grandparents farm and let her roam in a cage.There are fields and forest filled with other rabbits.And from some research,and from what I hear January is when bunny breeding season begins,but I thought rabbits breed whenever,or is this just a time where the females are more willing to allow males to mate?

Also,my rabbit is at age where she is maturing,and wants to mate,she is already circling my feet and honking,she wants to mate with me.She is also frustrated,which is causing her to lunge,scratch,and nip.But it doesn't make me wanna give her away,because she hardly does it.Other then this stuff,she can be the most sweetest rabbit ever,and I hope it stays this way until I can get her spayed.I know not to hit,and flinch when she doe s any of those aggressive things.I act as if she doesn't scare me,but I do get startled when she lunges at me.My question is,will this cause problems with the rabbits out side?Do I need to stop taking her outdoors.

You can get a bunny harness and leash and get her used to that and take her out on it. Or if you have a dog crate, it should be enclosed on all six sides. you can take the bottom pan out and let her out in it or turn it on it's side so she has access to the greenery growing but can't get out or nothing can get to her.

If you live in North America, the rabbits outside are a completely different species from your domesticated rabbit. While there may be some parasites that one can catch from the other, that's really all they have in common.
idunno.gif

I own one rabbit.She is a (mini) Dutch who is six months old.She isn't spayed and that is a problem.

I take her to my grandparents farm and let her roam in a cage.There are fields and forest filled with other rabbits.And from some research,and from what I hear January is when bunny breeding season begins,but I thought rabbits breed whenever,or is this just a time where the females are more willing to allow males to mate?

Also,my rabbit is at age where she is maturing,and wants to mate,she is already circling my feet and honking,she wants to mate with me.She is also frustrated,which is causing her to lunge,scratch,and nip.But it doesn't make me wanna give her away,because she hardly does it.Other then this stuff,she can be the most sweetest rabbit ever,and I hope it stays this way until I can get her spayed.I know not to hit,and flinch when she doe s any of those aggressive things.I act as if she doesn't scare me,but I do get startled when she lunges at me.My question is,will this cause problems with the rabbits out side?Do I need to stop taking her outdoors.

Just get her spayed soon, you don't need to wait. It is a common procedure that many veterinarians do for pet rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom