is this a pullet or a roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wanttobefarmer, Jun 7, 2010.

1. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    When i bought 9 chicks from my local feed store the gave me a chick for free. It is a light brahma and she is now 3 months old. It may be that she looks so different from my other dual purpose chickens, or that she is a rooster. I'm sure at this age i should be able to tell, but i've looked at light brahma hens and roosters on line and at this age i can't tell. Anyone? thanks so much. Also she is just more aggressive than the others and well not my favorite.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Looks like a roo to me.

3. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    the tail feathers are pointy to me, so i say roo.

4. macmama

macmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Gilbert AZ
    I can't believe my itty bitty LB chicks will be that size in 3 months. Looks like a roo to me too-- they're hard to tell because roos don't get huge combs, but it looks like he has saddle feathers... any spurs yet? I know LBs are slow to mature.

5. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Roo

6. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Thanks everyone seems to say roo. Well i have a problem because i have not use for a rooster and i definetly don't want any brahma crosses. Any suggestions?
    Quote:

7. Finn's Mom

Finn's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Look on managing my flock. Lots of ideas for re-homing and etc. This looks like a rooster compared to my hen -- those legs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by