is this a rhode island red

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no difference between this and puppy mills.
Breeds are breeds.
If you want to compare anyone to a puppy farm compare the backyard breeders and hatcheries that have little to no knowledge about a breed, what makes that breed and does it just to breed or make a buck to the puppy farm.
Don't go comparing a well knowledged breeder that puts his time and life into a single breed to a puppy mill, hatcheries and backyard breeders have done more damage to poultry breeds than any good, well knowleged breeder ever will..

If you want to compare anyone to a puppy farm compare the backyard breeders and hatcheries that have little to no knowledge about a breed, what makes that breed and does it just to breed or make a buck to the puppy farm.
Don't go comparing a well knowledged breeder that puts his time and life into a single breed to a puppy mill, hatcheries and backyard breeders have done more damage to poultry breeds than any good, well knowleged breeder ever will..
hm...that's not what I said.

Are you familiar with puppy mills, are you aware that "backyard breeder" is also a derogatory term in dog breeding?

I got my dog from a responsible show breeder. She has some flaws or possibly even disqualification in the conformation ring. That doesn't change the fact that she's a Cavalier. What about the non-perfect birds that are bred by your idolized breeders? They are still RIR or ameraucana or whatever other breed of chicken.

Backyard breeders and puppy mills are in it for the money and that's how you can get a "pedigreed" dog that is 10-15 pounds over what the "breed standard" lists as the appropriate range. That dog is still a (very poor quality) Cavalier King Charles Spaniel or boxer or whatever else breed people do this to (all of them?).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom