1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this a roo too?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AckChicks, Sep 26, 2009.

1. AckChicks

AckChicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    The other three are roos I'm sure. I thought this one was a pullet. But this morning I think she might be a roo.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think? Thanks!

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Wait a week and take some more pictures. I can't tell yet.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    From looking at the comb size in the first pic, I was thinking roo for sure, but then I saw that it had the color of a red sexlink hen. Now I have had a roo before that was the same color as a red sexlink hen, though they weren't sexlinks them selves and they didn't produce sexlinks. So do you know what breed it is supposed to be and where did you get it from?

4. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    I can't tell yet. Could go either way. Wait a week or two. Really nice pictures, by the way!

5. AckChicks

AckChicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    Thanks. I'll definitely take some pics in the next few weeks. I'm obsessed with chickens! [​IMG]

6. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I'd say male. This color patern is the color of the male offspring of some red or gold sex links but not all some are mstly white. Look at Ambers on feathersite. page.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by