Is this a Roo? UPDATED PHOTO :)

Chickiebaby8

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
Kentucky

The combs on the other two are tiny and baby pink compared to the brown and white one. His is big and red already and he is the smallest/youngest one!

Thank you for any feedback. I love them already.

Also, I have no idea about the one behind the brown and white one either. They look like siblings and have tiny combs. Any ideas would be welcome. I am new at this but LOVE it!

Last edited:

BC_Farms

Songster
10 Years
Jan 20, 2010
Enfield & Chaplin CT
I think your brown and white one is some kind of sex link/mix...like an Amberlink or a Golden Comet. Not sure on sex.

The one behind it looks like a Barred Rock pullet to me.

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
IF the one behind IS a Barred Plymouth Rock it screams Roo at me, just because it's soooo light colored and I don't see any wash on legs..

Chickiebaby8

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
Kentucky
Thank you so much. I will try to get a better photo of the black and white ones. I have a BR hen (I think its a hen, no eggs yet) and they don't look too much alike but I actually would be thrilled if it was a Roo since I don't have one.

ve

Songster
11 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Palmetto GA
White and red one is a boy for sure.Barred one dos not appear to be pure breed so I can not say boy or girl from this picture

Chickiebaby8

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
Kentucky
@Shelley
They have itty bitty combs. I posted another photo. It was hard to get them because I needed to keep them in the shade as it was so hot today. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Is it a straight-comb, rose-comb, pea-comb?? That would help determine the breed. I agree that they are mixed breeds, I think the 2 in the back (black and whites) are pullets, but I can't see the combs very well. Any idea how old they are?

Last edited:

Top Bottom