Is this a roo?

ICB42

Chirping
Aug 22, 2015
I have two Rohode island Reds and they are the same age but two different sizes one is a lot bigger than the other. I took some pictures of them!

This is one side by side

This is the bigger ones comb

This is another of the comb... The feathers to me do not look like rooster feathers but I'm not sure.... What do you guys think??

We have another chicken that we know is a rooster he was seated he's a barred rock americana mix so I know we have one for sure. So far they all get along no righting but I'm not sure if I will be able to keep them both without any problems

I have two Rohode island Reds and they are the same age but two different sizes one is a lot bigger than the other. I took some pictures of them!

This is one side by side

This is the bigger ones comb

This is another of the comb... The feathers to me do not look like rooster feathers but I'm not sure.... What do you guys think??

We have another chicken that we know is a rooster he was seated he's a barred rock americana mix so I know we have one for sure. So far they all get along no righting but I'm not sure if I will be able to keep them both without any problem

I'm leaning towards, yes. Roo. The first pic the tail is pointing straight out, vs upward and the body looks longer too. My rooster's tail did that too. I ended up getting rid of one of mine (I had 2). The dominant roo was starting to get very annoyed when the non dominant one would jump on his hens (the one we got rid of was 6 mos, the one we already had was 8 mos at the time). The non dominant roo had dried blood scabs in his cone where he would get beat up. I hear you can keep them sometimes as long as the less dominant one does not try to mate with the hens. Good luck.

Nothing screaming cockerel yet. Male specific feathering doesn't usually begin to develop until about 10 weeks, and it can be several more weeks after that they are clearly visible.

Thanks guys!! I was concerned because of how big it was but I guess I'll just have to wait and see!!

Back
Top Bottom