Is this a slipped tendon?

Well the last 2 days I have been at the hospital with my husband who has a kidney stone... soo exhausted. I have not been taking her out of her chair, except mornings and evenings.

I think her leg is actually better! Today when I took her out, the tendon felt like it was still in place which is the first time that has ever happened! I usually set it, then put her in the chair, but at some point it would slip off again.

Today she is also eating!!!
wee.gif
and taking actual poops!! she pooped in my hand and I could not have been more happy
lau.gif

I am hoping she might actually pull out of this? It looks like I will need to re-sandal her toes when it is time for her to learn to walk again. the toes bend very oddly when I try to have her put weight on the foot. When I hold her, I basically do not allow her to use her leg/s, they stick out straight behind her.

Well the last 2 days I have been at the hospital with my husband who has a kidney stone... soo exhausted. I have not been taking her out of her chair, except mornings and evenings.

I think her leg is actually better! Today when I took her out, the tendon felt like it was still in place which is the first time that has ever happened! I usually set it, then put her in the chair, but at some point it would slip off again.

Today she is also eating!!!
wee.gif
and taking actual poops!! she pooped in my hand and I could not have been more happy
lau.gif

I am hoping she might actually pull out of this? It looks like I will need to re-sandal her toes when it is time for her to learn to walk again. the toes bend very oddly when I try to have her put weight on the foot. When I hold her, I basically do not allow her to use her leg/s, they stick out straight behind her.

awww well her little poops are nothing
lol.png

I'm so glad things are looking up for her

sorry to her about your husband....mine had a procedure for kidney stones a few years back...I know how they suffer

awww well her little poops are nothing
lol.png

I'm so glad things are looking up for her

sorry to her about your husband....mine had a procedure for kidney stones a few years back...I know how they suffer

oh thank you *hugs* it has been a very difficult couple days with his kidney stone... it has not yet passed... wow so much pain, I have never seen anyone in that much pain. very hard to watch, unable to do anything.
the pain killers don't work since he cannot keep anything down (vomiting constantly), even water. I am watching him closely for dehydration.
I am giving him electrolytes, honey lemon water (alkaline), reg water -- just like a chicken!!
lau.gif

well.. I took the "cast" off her leg that has been holding it straight. I needed my husband's help to put this back on, so I haven't taken it off for 2 days since he's been unconscious. The tiny wound that was on the joint had gotten much larger. I felt so bad. It also bled a little bit after I removed the bandage. It was placed on sterile with peroxide and antibiotic ointment. It just looked incredibly painful and so much worse than the last time I saw it. I knew she was in pain.

Also, the tendon was not on when I removed the bandage. I am not sure if it had just slipped off, or if I may have been wrong about feeling it on. I was able to move it back on the leg many times earlier, so I had a good feel for it (I thought)..
Anyhow, I decided after removing the bandage and seeing the wound, that the best thing to do was to end her suffering and I decided to cull her. :( RIP little girl..

I used neosporin with pain relief and drinking straw splints on one of my chicks that had the same problem on both hocks; kept the chick in a chick chair over night...one leg was healed completely by the next day and the other was still swollen and red but the wound had healed over, i put it in a partial splint that kept the hock from rubbing the ground and kept neosporin on it and it was completely healed by the next day!

Back
Top Bottom