??? Is this a

its an ee and looks like a pullet but I'd watch that darker color coming in on the wings. I'd wait a few more weeks to know for sure. Around 3 to 4 months the saddle feathers start coming in on the roosters so watch for those.

Thanks. Yes it is americana chick. The comb on it is alot redder then my other chicks. That is why I was wondering

The guy I got them from said they were Americanas. What is the difference between easter eggers and Americanas? I am new to chickens thanks

Ameraucanas are a purebred type of chicken. Easter eggers are blue egg layer mixes, most often with Ameraucana bloodlines. They can often strongly resemble Ameraucanas but do not conform to color and/or type. Due to confusion and hatchery indescretion (purposely selling mixes as purebred birds) a large number of EE's are sold as purebred Ameraucanas.

There is actually no such thing as Americana. It's kind of a nick name for Easter Egger. There are Araucanas and ameraucana both which lay the colored eggs. Their offspring if crossed with anything else will also lay colored eggs and are known as EE.

Back
Top Bottom