Is This An Acceptable Brooder?

Geckolady

Counting Chickens B4 They're Hatched
Sep 12, 2020
east central Arizona
I have a dozen eggs in the incubator, and (long story) do not expect most of them to hatch. I was looking around for something I can use as a brooder and came across this. What do you think? The light and undertank heating pad inside it can be used or not, depending on what you think. Or I could use a reptile style dome bulb setup that sits on top for a warm spot. It is 20 inches x 20 inches x 8 inches high, and made from a combination of glass (bottom and sides) and plexiglass (top). There are holes drilled in the top, which hopefully would be sufficient. I don't know what, if anything, it was used for.
20200922_114220.jpg
20200922_114302.jpg

looks awefully low.. you can brood them for about a week maybe in that .. discover the beauty of a cardboard box lol .. good for maybe 3 weeks with a wire top on it ..and disposable when your done .. found most of these guys homes, i kept a rooster i needed a replacement , and a hen .. the 3rd little guy was an accident that hatched late lol ...

Attachments

• CIMG1642.JPG
    CIMG1642.JPG
    990.4 KB · Views: 3
  • CIMG1644.JPG
    CIMG1644.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3
It may work for a couple of days... no lid of course... but I would go out and get a simple Rubbermaid container. Much larger and less cumbersome.... works perfectly. Get a big one, chickens grow fast.

Back
Top Bottom