is this an ameraucana or ee pullet

She might be a poor quality Ameraucana. Does she lay blue eggs?

Here's what the Ameraucana Breeders Club says about EEs
The Ameraucana Breeders Club defines an Easter Egg chicken or Easter Egger as any chicken that possesses the blue egg gene, but doesn’t fully meet any breed descriptions as defined in the APA and/or ABA standards. Further, even if a bird meets an Ameraucana standard breed description, but doesn’t meet a variety description or breed true at least 50% of the time it is considered an Easter Egg chicken. By definition it is not a breed of chicken.

I would hazard the guess that she could be a poor quality silver Ameraucana, but I'm not guaranteeing that. Her comb looks a little odd to me. It might just be the lighting.

I think that it is a poor quality Silver Duckwing Ameraucana. The legs are the correct coloring, and the plumage coloring looks okay. The comb, as RedIII stated, doesn't look quite right, though. Your bird might be just poor quality, or she could be an Easter Egger with lots of Ameraucana characteristics.

Okay, I got a couple of pictures of my blue Ameraucana's comb, for comparison.

Her comb is shrunken, as she's not laying right now, but can you kind of see how the peas are more defined? Going by that, I would say that your girl is just a poor quality Ameraucana, and not necessarily and EE. Either way, congrats on the new additions! It will be fun to see if she lays eggs that are more blue, from how blue her legs are
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom