Is this an Amercauna?

Attachments

• EA059ABE-E043-4748-99F6-1EB1364922CB.jpeg
    EA059ABE-E043-4748-99F6-1EB1364922CB.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 6
I think we've got two discussions going over top of each other here.
1) the original question about the light brown chicken (who either is or is not a Calico Princess)
2) the white chicken either is or is not a California White (CW)

By the time everyone posts in quick succession, I have no idea which chick is being discussed in which comment!

My personal take--the white chicken probably is a California White.

I think the light brown chicken is probably some special mix from a hatchery, perhaps a Calico Princess or something similar. She's likely to lay eggs that are some shade of brown, although there's a chance of getting green eggs instead. (Some lines of Olive Eggers could look like that, although the most common ones don't.)

1) the original question about the light brown chicken (who either is or is not a Calico Princess)

By the time everyone posts in quick succession, I have no idea which chick is being discussed in which comment!

I think the light brown chicken is probably some special mix from a hatchery, perhaps a Calico Princess or something similar. She's likely to lay eggs that are some shade of brown, although there's a chance of getting green eggs instead. (Some lines of Olive Eggers could look like that, although the most common ones don't.)
X2

Sorry for the confusion . I’m thinking a mixed breed too. Also, my very first egg EVER, showed up today. See pic.

Attachments

• 4467932F-B725-412B-BBE5-1144D4E5EC76.jpeg
    4467932F-B725-412B-BBE5-1144D4E5EC76.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 6
Sorry for the confusion . I’m thinking a mixed breed too.
It happens. No need to apologize.
I was just trying to help sort it back out. I think a few "it can't be" kinds of comments might be from people mistaking which comments go with which bird. (Maybe something like the brown chick cannot be a California White.)

Also, my very first egg EVER, showed up today. See pic.

Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom