Is this bac or fungus picture and story

bossyflossyhen

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 12, 2012
Colorado
Okay we had mites got rid of mites with ivomec, de, poultry dust ect. New coop too with lindseed on the perches. I have two chickens that have joints exposed. Someone told me the meds could have made them pick themselves.. and then the dusts. Any how I have one chicken in the house now because she is light and her wing was infected and she was not improving. So we washed wound and put on triple antibiotic. She is doing better but my hubby is concerned they may have a skin bacteria or fungus. We put vicks around the other feathers so she wouldnt pick/preen which seems to be helping. They are all 22 months old and I have read about a molt at this time. One of my chickens IS molting I can see her blood/pin feathers coming in. But we are baffeled about this chicken that I am trying to save.. I mean I will cull if I have to but trying not to. Any help would be great.

To me it looks like "someone" is picking on her! If you have any Bluekote, I would spray that bald spot with it. It's an antiseptic too! That usually stops my chickens from pecking already pecked spots on other chickens.

She is now secluded away from the others in the house... She is also the one that has a bad wing joint that we are trying to get healed. I fear its a long road since she keeps picking and has diarreha now. Sigh

Back
Top Bottom