Is this bumble foot on my gosling? Very worried.

Dotdiddy

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2020
I found this on my gosling today. I am terrified. First time goose mom.
20200609_195716.jpg
20200609_195720.jpg

:welcome That looks like bruising not bumble foot.
I thought bruising too, wouldn't bumble foot be more likely to appear on their "heels"? i'm new so not sure what causes bumblefoot other than regularly being on hard surfaces - I know goslings can be pretty bad for getting under your feet though so did you perhaps accidentally step on him recently?

Now to figure out how that happened.
I'm almost positive it's from when I walked out to a raw land-like portion of the property to discuss plans with the landscaper. There are a lot of spiny weeds that he could have stepped on and the general rough texture of the ground might have done it. I feel terrible and will not take them out there again until they're older.

I thought bruising too, wouldn't bumble foot be more likely to appear on their "heels"? i'm new so not sure what causes bumblefoot other than regularly being on hard surfaces - I know goslings can be pretty bad for getting under your feet though so did you perhaps accidentally step on him recently?
I don't think I stepped on him as he has it on both feet but am pretty sure it was from when I walked him out on some undeveloped land.

Back
Top Bottom