Is this bumble foot??

kstrickland

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2017
Hi you guys! I'm new to the forum but already have a concern. My little girl is a pekin that's about 4 months old and I'm worried about her feet. She is outside during the day but I bring her in at night. I just noticed these on her feet today but I haven't really looked at her feet since the first week of May. I understand that bumble are hard once the bacteria grows but the sores are not hard (at least not yet). Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• 20170530_184453.jpg
    20170530_184453.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 17
I would watch the sore on her foot, clean it well and put some antibiotic ointment on it. Bumble foot is caused by a small sore getting infection. She doesn't look like she has it yet so hopefully you can keep it clean enough to prevent her from getting infection in it. I know keeping a duck foot clean is next to impossible..Lol. You can soak the injured foot in warm water and Epsom salt. Just put foot in water bowl as drinking epsom salts can cause diarrhea.

agreed not a bumble yet, and remember a bumble contains staph infection, so if you do see one, wear gloves and try not to get it on you, it can be spread

i would do 15m epsom salt baths when you bring her in at night, then wrap with neosporin overnight

**epsom salt is a laxative, try not to let her ingest it, we all know ducks poop enough as it is

Back
Top Bottom