Is this bumblefoot?

That's great! Glad to hear the core came out. Next time you clean it, consider flushing the opening with a saline solution to get any pus or stray bits of the core out.

That's great! Glad to hear the core came out. Next time you clean it, consider flushing the opening with a saline solution to get any pus or stray bits of the core out.
Ok, I'm going to clean again tonight before they go to bed. I was going to give her another epsom salt bath. Would that be enough or should I still flush it?

The epsom salt bath should be enough. You can flush it with the epsom salt water, if needed.
Ok, I'll continue to do the soaks and apply the neo.

So, shes my more loving bird. She stood in the Epsom bath fine. My other EE is more....spirited. 😂 any idea how to get her to soak her foot long enough?

If the hole left by the scab is deep, I'd flush it with a syringe full of warm water if no saline is available. I don't know if contact solution is straight saline or if it has additives.

I put my more spirited chickens in the tub and pull the curtain closed. My boys seem to settle down better that way.

If the hole left by the scab is deep, I'd flush it with a syringe full of warm water if no saline is available. I don't know if contact solution is straight saline or if it has additives.

I put my more spirited chickens in the tub and pull the curtain closed. My boys seem to settle down better that way.
I flushed them out with warm water after the epsom bath. The EE I originally posted about is doing a great job, letting me wash her feet, flush them out, and leaving the wrap on afterwards. My other EE fights me the whole time and tears the wraps off less than 5 minutes after being loose. Is there a trick to this or am I just stuck with a stubborn bird? I'm wrapping the same on both and 1 girl cant get them off so I'm confused on what to do.

Hmmm... I cut multiple strips of varying length to wrap between the toes and up the ankle. They don't fuss with the wrapping too much so maybe I've been lucky?

I've seen my vet cut a big piece of Vetwrap with little holes for the toes (kind of like fingerless gloves) and then wrap it around the chicken's ankle. It's kind of a PITA to do and undo every day, but that makes it harder to get off.

Back
Top Bottom