Is this cancer? (Grafic pics)

lulubell15

Songster
6 Years
Dec 12, 2015
County Offaly, Ireland.

One of my chickens died last night. She was a white leghorn & the smallest of all my girls ( i used to call her scrawny) but she laid the largest eggs. Yesterday she wasn't quite herself & this morning she was dead, looked like she just dropped of the roost.
In the last few weeks i have lost 2 other birds, anothrr white leghorn who went in a simular way & a brown leghorn who had sour crop, seemed to recover from that, but then got the droopy tail & wings & died before i could do anything for her.
So after losing scrawny this morning i decided to cut her open to see if anything was obvious, (My other half did the dissecting & i just did a bit of pointing).
These pics are what we found.
Could anyone confirm what we are thinking, that its cancer or suggest what else it may be?

I'm sorry for your loss! I lost one recently to similar symptoms and wish I knew what happened. I hope you get some answers!

Thanks for that. Is a bit frustrating when a bird gets sick & there are so many different things it could be. Lots of advice out there from people with experience, so hopefully someone will help us that are novices to keeping chucks.

Looks kinda like some sort of disseminated peritoneal tumor (if that is indeed the abdominal/chest cavity). Although you can't be sure unless you looked at that under a microscope. Sorry for your loss :(

Back
Top Bottom