Is this comb healthy?

rachelsian

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2017
hi I would be grateful for any advice as to whether or not this chicken has a healthy comb. Is the fact that it is black just part of her breed as she also has a black
Beak? She is a 10week old hybrid.
Thanks

hi I would be grateful for any advice as to whether or not this chicken has a healthy comb. Is the fact that it is black just part of her breed as she also has a black
Beak? She is a 10week old hybrid.
Thanks
Sorry I thought I had posted pic! Hopefully it works this time!

Attachments

• IMG_4185.JPG
    IMG_4185.JPG
    852.4 KB · Views: 16
It's fine :) . Do you know if she has had it her whole life, or what breed her parents are? Some breeds have black combs, but from this picture I can't see any sign of something being wrong. A closer picture might help, but if she has had it her whole life it is probably just from one of her parents. Most chickens with black combs also have black waddles. So a closer picture would help, especially because her waddles aren't that visible because she's young.

Oh great, thanks for your replies!! I'll add a couple of close ups I've just taken. We're new to keeping chickens but are loving it!

Attachments

• IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4221.JPG
    IMG_4221.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 14
Oh great, thanks for your replies!! I'll add a couple of close ups I've just taken. We're new to keeping chickens but are loving it!
I don't know what breed her parents are- she is from a farm. People on here have said maybe Easter egger or Partridge Rock but I don't really know. She is beautiful though.

Back
Top Bottom