Is this developing botulism?

I'm sorry your duck isn't well. I don't have any avian experience with botulism or niacin deficiency.

However, my duck who used to get egg bound every few weeks also frequently lost the ability to use her legs due to something called, "obturator paralysis." I can't tell you if your duck has this, I always took my ducks to the vet every time. After she laid the egg she could move her legs again. You might want to look it up.

I assume you've checked her legs and feet?

her feet don't look swollen or anything parasite related that I can see just is very lethargic from not eating much of anything part few days been slowly recovering from unknown issue
i should add she is my only duck now as we just got rid of the males after they almost broke a chickens legs (was limping for a couple days) trying to mount it
IMG_20201226_134842471.jpg

her feet don't look swollen or anything parasite related that I can see just is very lethargic from not eating much of anything part few days been slowly recovering from unknown issue
i should add she is my only duck now as we just got rid of the males after they almost broke a chickens legs (was limping for a couple days) trying to mount itView attachment 2464124
If she's not eating much I would be really worried about that. Another duck of mine stopped eating almost entirely and got dehydrated very quickly. I couldn't get her into the vet for a little over 24 hours and they already had me tube feeding her 3 times daily when we left. She would have quickly died without it.

Has your duck been laying eggs? How old is she? When did you rehome the boys compared to when she stopped eating - I'm wondering if she's depressed? Can you take her to a vet?

@Isaac 0 can you help with this duck?

The vet option is unlikely. I have been hand feeding her I'm able to dunk her head in very liquidy food and she eats it enough to keep her alive so far. she had a special chicken that she treated like family and she was really into my hand feeding her treats so I don't know if its depression. The boys were relocated about 2 weeks ago and she started acting up a week ago her poop was very dirty mud like she was digging into something

Back
Top Bottom