Is this duck okay?

Pics
Woo-hoo! I finally got them to all peacefully share the same coop!!
They've all been in the coop for 4 days now, there was trouble on the first day but penguin spent a night in jail and she hasn't caused trouble since. I always go into the coop at night the day that I change the bedding and just hang out with the ducks for awhile, Karen was not a fan of me being in there. But it was pretty dark, and at one point Karen was sitting in the nesting box next to me, Pigeon was on my lap and Pigeon started preening Karen. After that I started petting Karen and she was just relaxing and enjoying it for 3 or 4 minutes, until she realized it was me and not Pigeon and then she started completely freaking out and ran away 🤣😅

I haven't the foggiest as to why they single one female
It's so sad Penguin, Pigeon, and Puffin get along great. Puffin, Pigeon, and Karen get along great, but Penguin is just mean to Karen.
Does this look like grooming or being mean to you? It looked like she was being pretty aggressive but I figure if Karen was getting hurt she would just get out of the pool. I feel so bad for Karen it always seems like she just wants to get along.

I luckily found a perfect sized piece of wood to separate my coop today, so I've got it divided into 2 separate areas now and i can keep Penguin away from Karen.

Attachments

• 20210415_182951.jpg
    20210415_182951.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210415_182959.jpg
    20210415_182959.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom