Is this duck okay?

I went ahead and set up my bathtub for her so she's got something soft to sit on, hopefully she can be stress free in there.

Attachments

• 20210109_104252.jpg
    20210109_104252.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 17
Awwww that is wonderful you were able to bring her in so you can assess her. You are in good hands with @Isaac 0 and @Miss Lydia
Thanks, she doesn't seem to appreciate me trying to help her out, but at least she seems to be just sitting calmly in my tub for now, every time I open the curtain to peek at her she hisses at me. Hasn't taken any food or water yet. I'm just as worried about her nutrition as I am about what seems to be an infection on her. When I picked her up she was so light I couldn't believe it. Felt like I was picking up a call duck.

I just weighed her and she is between 2 and 3 lbs. I couldn't get her to stand still on my gram scale, so I weighed myself then picked her up then weighed again. From what the internet says Muscovy hens should be 5-8 lbs im really worried about her.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a preen gland in person so I am not sure. It's basically on her butt. Like it's on her back but its really close to her backside

Back
Top Bottom