Is this duck okay?

Pics
Thats just a quora I wouldn't necessarily trust that to be true. And yeah it is very hard to account for how much they splash out. Also there HAS to be a significant difference between ducks I can't imagine this 3lb Muscovy would drink as much as a heavier breed like a pekin or a Male muscovy.

Keep her if you can,no one will miss her and she’ll be safe there. If I still lived in Fla I’d be out rescuing muscovy they are treated so badly. Hopefully you’ll get her wings clipped where she’ll stay put. @SolarDuck is just adopted a duck that is in need of some help too maybe she can guide you on what she’s doing for Pom
Pom. Im glad to hear she’s eating now. And if you can find some poultry Nutri drench to put in her water that will help her too.
Thanks for thinking of me @Miss Lydia
I recently rescued a drake named Pom-Pom. He has some bad health issues but is doing much better. He actually is missing half of his wing. I had been treating that with vetricyn and have now covered it in zinc-free antibiotic ointment and wrapped it. I will be taking the wrap off at the end of the week. He does not appreciate it and has gotten it off once so far... lol he is very stubborn :gig

He had really bad runny eyes which I used saline to clean at first and am now using terrimycin. I was worried that he might have parisites so I used safe-guard dewormer to treat him as a precautionary. He is currently recovering and quarantined before I add him with the rest of the flock. He wasn’t used to eating duck feed so I started off with meal worms then moved to scratch grains and slowly mixed in larger amounts of food till it was all regular feed.This only took a couple of days for him to adjust. I have had him for a week today. I have been giving nutridrench as Miss. Lydia suggested to you. It is a good idea and seems to perk him up while he recovers.

@SolarDuck that is so wonderful that you were able to rescue her! It seems she is in great hands now. I wish her a quick recovery. ♥

@Isaac 0 and @Miss Lydia have been so much help to me along the process. They are very knowledgeable.

It’s always so nice to be able to relate to someone who has done these types of rescues even if injuries are different just knowing someone is going through the same experience always helps. You both are heros. The rescues I’ve done thankfully the ducks didn’t have injuries but they still required TLC. It’s a blessing to see others caring for critters who need help.

It’s always so nice to be able to relate to someone who has done these types of rescues even if injuries are different just knowing someone is going through the same experience always helps. You both are heros. The rescues I’ve done thankfully the ducks didn’t have injuries but they still required TLC. It’s a blessing to see others caring for critters who need help.
It definitely is. You are so very kind. It’s so wonderful that there’s kind souls out there that are willing to take on the hard task and save the life of a duck or any animal. You are a hero as well. Even if they didn’t have injuries you took them in and nursed them back to health. It takes a special person to want to help out animals. Your advice has helped me to treat Pom-Pom accurately. ♥ :hugs

Back
Top Bottom