Is this duck okay?

Pics
That’s great! Any more eggs? All the girls together now?
No more eggs from anyone but penguin, hopefully I can get a regular egg from pigeon tomorrow and the other 2 will start laying soon.
Theyre all roaming the yard together during the day but I've still been putting penguin and pigeon into the main coop, and puffin and Karen into the new one that I got.

I am so relieved to hear everyone is doing good and sounds like they are getting along good too. Pigeon's injury looking good?
She hasn't had any more issues with laying yet. She didn't produce an egg today, but I'm still a little worried for the next egg she makes. I gave her some of the calcium gluconate yesterday and today. She still doesn't seem to see the oyster shells as food, but my bag of Mazuri and the gray oyster shell that I ordered should be here tomorrow or Monday.

She hasn't had any more issues with laying yet. She didn't produce an egg today, but I'm still a little worried for the next egg she makes. I gave her some of the calcium gluconate yesterday and today. She still doesn't seem to see the oyster shells as food, but my bag of Mazuri and the gray oyster shell that I ordered should be here tomorrow or Monday.
That's great that they have such fast shipping! If she doesn't eat the Mazuri at first let us know. My ducks wouldn't eat it right away, since they were so used to their other food, but now they gobble it up.

That's great that they have such fast shipping! If she doesn't eat the Mazuri at first let us know. My ducks wouldn't eat it right away, since they were so used to their other food, but now they gobble it up.
I already had a little bit of Mazuri maintenance mixed into their Purina pellets because one of my local pet stores sells it by the pound. Usually they sift through and eat all the Mazuri first so I'm assuming they won't have any problems gobbling it down once it gets here.

Just updating she seems to be doing well, the nutri drench that I ordered came last night so I put a drop of it in the water in her coop. She's still very visibly smaller than the others, and Pigeon has kind of been bullying her around the pool and food bowl, but I've been putting the food bowl in her coop at night so she can get as much food as she needs. I'm gonna just go pick up an extra kiddie pool today and put out an extra food bowl so if pigeon tries to bully her she will still have somewhere to go. Her butt is finally starting to look normal ill try to get a picture tomorrow but her tail feathers have sprouted so I'm sure she will be back to looking like a normal duck in no time!

Attachments

• 20210117_130343.jpg
    20210117_130343.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210117_131159.jpg
    20210117_131159.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 6
Just updating she seems to be doing well, the nutri drench that I ordered came last night so I put a drop of it in the water in her coop. She's still very visibly smaller than the others, and Pigeon has kind of been bullying her around the pool and food bowl, but I've been putting the food bowl in her coop at night so she can get as much food as she needs. I'm gonna just go pick up an extra kiddie pool today and put out an extra food bowl so if pigeon tries to bully her she will still have somewhere to go. Her butt is finally starting to look normal ill try to get a picture tomorrow but her tail feathers have sprouted so I'm sure she will be back to looking like a normal duck in no time!
You are doing such a great job taking care of Karen!

Back
Top Bottom