Is this easter egger a rooster?

It's the pretty ones we love unfortunately. Mine crowed at 11 weeks.
It’s so true! I understand why everyone says “your favorite is most likely to be the rooster” now lol, your boy is so pretty and such a similar color!

I tend to agree with others...

Although, there's still a chance for "it" being a pullet.
Post update pictures in about 2-3 weeks.
We’re feeling pretty sure we got a roo on our hands, are the protrusions on his legs the start of spurs?

Attachments

• 17C9B06E-FE1A-41FB-AEB3-ACD538C67B96.jpeg
    17C9B06E-FE1A-41FB-AEB3-ACD538C67B96.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    645 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1432.jpeg
    IMG_1432.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 16
Yep, he's definitely a cockerel. He has a giant red comb and patchy coloring, and yes, those are the beginnings of spurs. Though that alone isn't enough to decide his gender, as pullets can also have little spur bumps.

Yep, he's definitely a cockerel. He has a giant red comb and patchy coloring, and yes, those are the beginnings of spurs. Though that alone isn't enough to decide his gender, as pullets can also have little spur bumps.
thats good to know about the spurs! bummer he's a roo, its always the favorites 😔

thank you for your insights!

thats good to know about the spurs! bummer he's a roo, its always the favorites 😔

thank you for your insights!
Adding on to @HorseGirlAbby's statement. Hens can also have spurs equally as long as a rooster's spurs if the hen is undergoing hormones issues, in which she will most likely begin to try to crow and breed other females as well. Also, a hen's spurs will grow longer as she grows in age.

Adding on to @HorseGirlAbby's statement. Hens can also have spurs equally as long as a rooster's spurs if the hen is undergoing hormones issues, in which she will most likely begin to try to crow and breed other females as well. Also, a hen's spurs will grow longer as she grows in age.
Yes, quite true, thank you 😊

Back
Top Bottom