Is this egg fertile?

Thanks everyone 😊

Yes we had been setting her eggs because the other girls (all bantam, and rooster is bantam) were consistently fertile so we thought we'd see how we go (she is standard).

After about 10 clears in the incubator (over a couple of weeks) we went back to cracking them open to look for fertility. I had thought they were fertile, but my son thinks they're not - which seems to be the general consensus here. The eggs from the other girls are easily recognised as fertile (to my eye).

We had her out on the lawn with the rooster for some special alone time today. He did lots of beautiful dancing for her but no attempt to mount. The kids have seen him dance and jump towards her in their regular area and she just moved away.

He's consistently seen doing his thing with the other girls, but we're thinking he's just too small for her.

Just weighing up whether to persist with looking for fertility, or if after a couple of months together he isn't successful it might be better to replace her with someone smaller.

There is no need for remarks such as these. This isn't about comprehension, it's about differences of opinion. First BYC rule is "be friendly and courteous to all members at all times."

I'll delete this comment soon, because it is not relevant to the thread.
You can delete it now looks like you finally comprehended what I was saying

Back
Top Bottom