Is this even possible?!?!

Thanks, she is still laying frequently. It's weird though because she can lay 4 eggs one day then 0 eggs the next then 1 or 2 or 3 on another 🤔 the eggs are getting bigger less like pullet eggs now and are always hard good shelled and almost always dark yolks.
Sure hope then that she settles down once daylight hrs decrease for winter. Maybe she will go broody - that would be a good thing.

So the only thing about my chicken was like 2 sentences. How does this help? Oh and thanks for the tomato information
It means that your chicken is a naturally occurring super duper egg pooper!

Now the question I would ask is, does this indeed harm the hen in anyway, ie: cause osteoporosis or some reproductive harm ie: increased risk of cancer or egg bound or yolk peritonitis…. Only time will tell for this.

Also is her quality of life being impacted if she is spending more time in the nest box spitting out eggs..?

You will be a person we should be looking to for information as time goes by with the aging of this gal. Seems that you will be our subject matter expert on these things!

I look forward to this with interest.

It means that your chicken is a naturally occurring super duper egg pooper!

Now the question I would ask is, does this indeed harm the hen in anyway, ie: cause osteoporosis or some reproductive harm ie: increased risk of cancer or egg bound or yolk peritonitis…. Only time will tell for this.

Also is her quality of life being impacted if she is spending more time in the nest box spitting out eggs..?

You will be a person we should be looking to for information as time goes by with the aging of this gal. Seems that you will be our subject matter expert on these things!

I look forward to this with interest.
Ok thanks she seems happy, the eggs come out quickly and then she's back to her normal chicken business. She is not even a year old yet but I expect a shorter life expectancy for her with all that production, (like isa browns). I hope the health issues stay at a minimum. She really hates me and is a super fast runner so catching her to help would be a struggle

Ok thanks she seems happy, the eggs come out quickly and then she's back to her normal chicken business. She is not even a year old yet but I expect a shorter life expectancy for her with all that production, (like isa browns). I hope the health issues stay at a minimum. She really hates me and is a super fast runner so catching her to help would be a struggle
Good visual of you running after her with her looking over her should yelling run human run! You’ll never catch me Mwa ha hah hahaha

Back
Top Bottom