IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!??

Mama Bird

Chirping
15 Years
Mar 28, 2007
OK, my chickens lay eggs a couple of times every few months or so. And i was wondering if anyone has tried incubating these? would two chicks hatch. or would two chicks start developing and then die because of each other interfering with the other? thanx -mama bird-

Do you mean double-yolked eggs? I have never tried to incubate them, I've always wondered what would happen but I've been too scared to try.

I mean, I've /heard/ of someone doing that, and two chicks developed, but I'm not sure how it turned out ^^;;

I've read several instances of people incubating double-yolked eggs, but none have been successful to my knowledge.

The 2 embryos develop up to a point, but there is just enough room inside the shell for 1 chick to develop fully. Perhaps, if the eggshell could expand as the chicks grow, then it might be possible to hatch these.

Stephanie

thanxs everyone, zimmy srry i meant, interfeare/ like to stop something from happening, like......." your dog inerfeared with the dinner you were having last night, by eating the turkey before anyone had any" ( oh my gosh im so bad at spelling!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom