Is this fowl pox or pecking wound or am I paranoid?!

Kconnors1

Chirping
May 2, 2021
Marlborough NH
Can any tell me if this looks like fowl pox? I recently acquired a few more birds that looked a little rough they have now been wormed treated for mites or lice in case and now I noticed this on my Easter egger. Do the marks on her face look like fowl pox or pecking wounds? It’s near her nose.

Attachments

• 40C53CC8-4B6A-446F-B58B-576765175DE8.jpeg
    40C53CC8-4B6A-446F-B58B-576765175DE8.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Could you get a clear closer picture of her face?
The spot I was worried about seems better I think it might have been dirt as it was raining all day and I think she got dirt on it. But i still saw a scab like thing in the front there

Attachments

• AC01106D-BB73-4520-A9FB-BBC17A91A066.jpeg
    AC01106D-BB73-4520-A9FB-BBC17A91A066.jpeg
    540.4 KB · Views: 12
It looks like her nostril is damaged, infected, or something.
The other nostril looks a bit funky too, but can't really see it clearly.
Any other symptoms?
How long have you had this bird?
@Wyorp Rock what do you think?

It looks like her nostril is damaged, infected, or something.
The other nostril looks a bit funky too, but can't really see it clearly.
Any other symptoms?
How long have you had this bird?
@Wyorp Rock what do you think?
Only a week they are quarantining from my current flock. Should I clean it off with water or anything? I thought they might have had mites or ear mites because they kept shaking their heads a lot and that was the only thing I could find as a possible thing. So they were treated with elector psp and yesterday treated with ivermectin for possible worms as I always treat my birds in spring and fall. She seems okay and not bothered. And her previous owner said they had too many Roos and not enough ladies. Could it just be being picked on?

Only a week they are quarantining from my current flock. Should I clean it off with water or anything? I thought they might have had mites or ear mites because they kept shaking their heads a lot and that was the only thing I could find as a possible thing. So they were treated with elector psp and yesterday treated with ivermectin for possible worms as I always treat my birds in spring and fall. She seems okay and not bothered. And her previous owner said they had too many Roos and not enough ladies. Could it just be being picked on?
I don't think it's just pecking, especially with the head shaking.
I'd take a good look inside the mouth and ears.
Not sure what kind of 'cleaning' would help.

Back
Top Bottom