Is this hardened poo or umbilical cord?

I just noticed it yesterday, and it had pieces of the egg shell in it, I worked on it at my lunch hour for 30 minutes and got nowhere, then when I got home yesterday working on it more and it would never soften. I hated poking arounnd too much but I would not tell if right above this was the vent. I have seen some poop come out though, so I am just not sure. She does not eat a lot and does drink some water but not nearly as much as the others. We just had to cull one that was also helped out of the egg and was deformed, ugh I just dont know if we can do another!

I just noticed it yesterday, and it had pieces of the egg shell in it, I worked on it at my lunch hour for 30 minutes and got nowhere, then when I got home yesterday working on it more and it would never soften. I hated poking arounnd too much but I would not tell if right above this was the vent. I have seen some poop come out though, so I am just not sure. She does not eat a lot and does drink some water but not nearly as much as the others. We just had to cull one that was also helped out of the egg and was deformed, ugh I just dont know if we can do another!
I understand but trying to save a Chick that possibly is suffering is pointless. It should of absorbed the yolk well before three days old..
I wish you the best...

I have a newly hatched chick that has a prolapsed imbilico cord. what can I do? Should I try and put it back in or wait till its dried to see what happens. Its very vocal and active.

Back
Top Bottom