Is this incubator any good?

lozerface79

Songster
Feb 3, 2016
Alaska
So we are looking to hatch some eggs soon, but we dont have an incubator. we have been looking at some for the past couple days and my dad seemed pretty interested in this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIL-RITE-FA...834543?hash=item25a22fd86f:g:YBUAAOSwGiRTqXLW
does anyone have experience with this incubator? is it any good? what would be a decent incubator for first timers that arent too expensive(no more than 150)?
Thanks for the help!

Don't know anything about this incubator but you can get a Hova Bator Genesis for about $150. You will have to turn by hand unless you buy a separate auto turner but it is a rock solid bator.

Rite Farm Products (CoopsNMore) has a few products that you can't beat for the $$ and in the last month or so i've seen at least 20 people asking about this incubator on here and on Facebook groups and my reply is always the same, their top of the line incubators are constantly failing, the control panels go out every few hatches, fans only last a month or two, turner motors intermittent, etc...... if they have that many problems with their top of the line cabinet incubators i can't see them having any better results with their low end models. as previously mentioned, Hova-bators are reliable and excellent bang for the buck.

Rite Farm Products (CoopsNMore) has a few products that you can't beat for the $$ and in the last month or so i've seen at least 20 people asking about this incubator on here and on Facebook groups and my reply is always the same, their top of the line incubators are constantly failing, the control panels go out every few hatches, fans only last a month or two, turner motors intermittent, etc......  if they have that many problems with their top of the line cabinet incubators i can't see them having any better results with their low end models.  as previously mentioned, Hova-bators are reliable and excellent bang for the buck.

Don't know anything about this incubator but you can get a Hova Bator Genesis for about $150.  You will have to turn by hand unless you buy a separate auto turner but it is a rock solid bator.

Thanks for the advice! Ill look into a hova bator!

Back
Top Bottom