1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this incubator any good?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lozerface79, Feb 4, 2016.

1. lozerface79

lozerface79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    Alaska
    So we are looking to hatch some eggs soon, but we dont have an incubator. we have been looking at some for the past couple days and my dad seemed pretty interested in this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIL-RITE-FA...834543?hash=item25a22fd86f:g:YBUAAOSwGiRTqXLW
    does anyone have experience with this incubator? is it any good? what would be a decent incubator for first timers that arent too expensive(no more than 150)?
    Thanks for the help!

2. kuchchicks

kuchchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2015
    Don't know anything about this incubator but you can get a Hova Bator Genesis for about $150. You will have to turn by hand unless you buy a separate auto turner but it is a rock solid bator.

3. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    Rite Farm Products (CoopsNMore) has a few products that you can't beat for the $$ and in the last month or so i've seen at least 20 people asking about this incubator on here and on Facebook groups and my reply is always the same, their top of the line incubators are constantly failing, the control panels go out every few hatches, fans only last a month or two, turner motors intermittent, etc...... if they have that many problems with their top of the line cabinet incubators i can't see them having any better results with their low end models. as previously mentioned, Hova-bators are reliable and excellent bang for the buck.

1 person likes this.
  4. lozerface79

lozerface79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2016
    Alaska

Thanks for the advice! Ill look into a hova bator!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by