Is this lock Raccoon safe?

Sandbyter

Chirping
Jun 12, 2020
Rockland County, NY
Hi, I always look my coop doors with a key and now have an Omlet auto door installed also (and that seems quite safe).

I secured my run with a hardware cloth skirt all around - but now I'm wondering if raccoons could open the run door? You squeeze the handles together to pull the pins out of the grooves. The pins slide into a recess at the top and at the bottom, so the door is quite stable otherwise.

Of course the chicks are in the coop at night, but I don't really want raccoons all inside my run either.

Should I use something else also?

Attachments

• IMG_4260.jpg
    IMG_4260.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi, I always look my coop doors with a key and now have an Omlet auto door installed also (and that seems quite safe).

I secured my run with a hardware cloth skirt all around - but now I'm wondering if raccoons could open the run door? You squeeze the handles together to pull the pins out of the grooves. The pins slide into a recess at the top and at the bottom, so the door is quite stable otherwise.

Of course the chicks are in the coop at night, but I don't really want raccoons all inside my run either.

Should I use something else also?
Looks good to me, I can't even figure out how to open it. LOL
I would think that is secure from raccoons. It seems to wide for them to squeeze together.

Back
Top Bottom