Is this normal, I can't remember

MagicMarcy66

Songster
9 Years
Dec 2, 2010
Orange County, California (Tustin)
Thank you for your help.....

It's been about 5 years since we've had chicks due to a big move and finally ready to have chickens again.

Picked up 3 Americauna pullets this afternoon and have them in the house since its 39° out tonight. Have them in a small med veri kennel on a towel and chick starter appropriate for their age, approx 6 weeks. They're not all huddled together now, but sleeping with their heads down on the ground or I should say towel. I'll get shavings tomorrow. Is this ok for them to be doing? When I touch them they lift their heads to a normal position and they're eyes look good. They were very overcrowded at the feed store but active, had clean food and water. Is this ok behavior? Do they need to be warmer?

Magic Marcy66

Thank you for your help.....

It's been about 5 years since we've had chicks due to a big move and finally ready to have chickens again.

Picked up 3 Americauna pullets this afternoon and have them in the house since its 39° out tonight. Have them in a small med veri kennel on a towel and chick starter appropriate for their age, approx 6 weeks. They're not all huddled together now, but sleeping with their heads down on the ground or I should say towel. I'll get shavings tomorrow. Is this ok for them to be doing? When I touch them they lift their heads to a normal position and they're eyes look good. They were very overcrowded at the feed store but active, had clean food and water. Is this ok behavior? Do they need to be warmer?

Magic Marcy66
It sounds like they are fine
As they are 6 weeks old I'd make a little perch for them to roost on. Maybe 7 or 8 inches of the ground.

Yes let me post a pic.

Attachments

• 20190216_163222.jpg
    20190216_163222.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom