Is this normal

JJW2018

Chirping
Sep 12, 2020
All of my baby chicks seem to be doing great they are active during the day and sleep during the night. 1 of the babies seems to be very independent and stays apart from the rest even when they are sleep. I am posting 2 pictures of the babies with 1 being all the chicks asleep and the other being the lone chick. Is it normal for them to separate themselves from each other or is that a sign of some type of problem.
20200918_202816.jpg
20200918_202757.jpg

If it peeps loud and a lot when alone then there might be a problem but the chicks will spread out more when older but usually cuddle a lot that young. I’d say as long as it’s active during the day and eating and drinking then your bird is just fine. Loners are loving too.

Well, I've raised some chicks before. Like in your situation, there was one "loner chick". I was sort of worried in the beginning too, but the chick turned out to be perfectly fine. Just make sure that it gets enough warmth, food, and water. What I did was I would always pick up that one chick who couldn't get to the food and hand feet them.

If it peeps loud and a lot when alone then there might be a problem but the chicks will spread out more when older but usually cuddle a lot that young. I’d say as long as it’s active during the day and eating and drinking then your bird is just fine. Loners are loving too.
Also my wife advised to inform that the only chicke we had like that was a roo. Just our experiance

Back
Top Bottom