Is this normal

It's been years since I've hatched eggs. So excuse me if it's a silly question lol. Is the chick supposed to dip or push below the air cell? Is the air cell too big? It's at about day 15. Thanks!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nH_w0hnx0-vwPwq1uInaF6Pa5LeaIYld/view?usp=sharing
It's normal. They're getting into hatching position. This is done on day 16-17.

Are you sure you got your days correct? The chick looks as if it's working on an internal pip, which means it's probably on day 19.

It's normal. They're getting into hatching position. This is done on day 16-17.

Are you sure you got your days correct? The chick looks as if it's working on an internal pip, which means it's probably on day 19.
Honestly no. I bought eggs from the farmers market, noticed they were fertile and stuck a few under a broody. Of course I didn't put it in my calendar and I cannot for the life of me remember what day haha . This is the only one of them to get this far.

Honestly no. I bought eggs from the farmers market, noticed they were fertile and stuck a few under a broody. Of course I didn't put it in my calendar and I cannot for the life of me remember what day haha . This is the only one of them to get this far.
I'm thinking you're going to have chicks really soon.

Are the rest very dark inside? If so, then they'll be starting to move to their aircells too.

Back
Top Bottom