Is this normal?

Sandwitch

Chirping
Oct 27, 2022
Hi this is our first time hatching eggs and we’ve had a couple issues one of the chicks came out like this
7ADBB1E6-6531-4F7F-A051-D8693B2BA791.jpeg

She seems to be a pretty normal chick so far but I do worry if it’s normal especially since the side she was on of our incubator I think has some issues with ventilation that’s the side she was on. Another chick from that side was born but then the next morning was dead and on that side we also had a chick that pipped and then just died. Idk what all these issues mean so far? It seems like just this one side of the incubator is having issues.

I did want to also mention that when we candled everyone before lockdown the chick that pipped and died looked…. Weird… it almost looked younger than it should’ve been so we already didn’t think that one was gonna make it so we were quite surprised to see them pipped.

Hi this is our first time hatching eggs and we’ve had a couple issues one of the chicks came out like this View attachment 3456660
She seems to be a pretty normal chick so far but I do worry if it’s normal especially since the side she was on of our incubator I think has some issues with ventilation that’s the side she was on. Another chick from that side was born but then the next morning was dead and on that side we also had a chick that pipped and then just died. Idk what all these issues mean so far? It seems like just this one side of the incubator is having issues.
Hi this is our first time hatching eggs and we’ve had a couple issues one of the chicks came out like this View attachment 3456660
It's been another day and we've been keeping her isolated so her siblings don't peck at the mass. Its still rather large like pea sized. We put neosporin on it but we really aren't sure what to do next? Is this something we need to help remove? Will it fall off? Help pls

that chicks like 'ya know, im not ok with you holding me like this' ... my small bator has warm and cool spots, it does seem to affect hatch times, but as you candle you can rearrange them to help even it out .. as far as giving them post hatch health issues i never noticed that, they either hatch or they dont .. now, especially conditions in the brooder and immediately after they hatch 'can' affect their health .. makes sure theres a warm enough area, an area to cool off if they want to, its draft free, water is fresh and accessible so they find it quickly, and bedding isnt toxic ..

Back
Top Bottom