IS THIS NORMAL????

Thank you for all the info one of the main reasons why I want to free range is because where we live we have a big issue with fleas and ticks so if we can dent that a little I'd be one happy person!! We have a smaller garden so I think I may just fence it off just to eliminate the headache of them getting into it. So is a hen thats being Broody more or less going threw that akward teenage sassy phase? I'm just trying to get the lingo down lol.

If you are particularly concerned about ticks you might think about getting a some guinea hens too. As long as your spread isn't too large, 2 or 3 will wipe out your tick population!
Regarding nesting boxes, that will usually keep the girls laying where you want them to, but there are exceptions to every rule
wink.png

I noticed alot of threads here talking about blackened combs but I have had my pullets for already 4 months and one of them has started laying already I have gotten about 14 eggs from her already . Now here is a picture of her comb. Her name is Michelle now. She does have some runny poop with water but she has alot of energy scratches like crazy when eating bugs etc. What should I do if this blackened comb is a symptom. Help me out thank you .

Back
Top Bottom