Is this OK?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by enggass, Jun 19, 2010.

1. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Ok. My coop is ready, and my run is 95% ready. All I have left to do is put Hardware Cloth in some small places up around the roof area.
    Slanted roof sides and eaves etc... I want to move my birds out tomorrow AM. They would be locked in the coop at night, and I will be fencing off those last few areas within the next 2-3 days as time permits. The birds will not be able to get out. Is this OK as long as they are locked in at night? or should I get to those last few places before the bird migration? I really want to get them out there... Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's good for them to stay locked in the coop for 2-4 days to get them used to their new home.

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Yup, they will be fine. [​IMG]

4. ShaggysGirl

ShaggysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
    Personally I put them out asap. I lock our coops up at night but we don't have a lot of predators here just hawks and the racoons mainly.

5. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Quote:It's in the 80s here right now and they have a coop with a metal roof. Yes there is ventilation, but it could still be quite warm...
    Daytime predators would be fox and hawks.
    The run is covered and there is no way a fox could get in... Unless they climb!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by